|Chicago VeganMania 2013 spent its second year in the spacious and beautiful Broadway
Armory in Chicago's historic Edgewater
We drew about 4,500 happy souls who kept things very energetic and
lively, especially since most of them hung around for most of the day.
• Our Vegan Food Court played host to more than a dozen of Chicago's favorite vegan and vegetarian restaurants and companies: Arya Bhavan, Bot Bakery, The Chicago Diner, Chicago Vegan Foods (Temptation Soft Serve Ice Cream), Green Spirit Living, Native Foods, Original Soul Vegetarian, Robin's Frozen Fantasy, Sandi Swiss Sweets, Soul Vegan, Upton’s Breakroom, Urban Vegan, and The Vegan Food Truck/Ste. Martaen.
Most of these place had long lines throughout the entire day, and most
ran out of food before the event was over. We had one big hungry crowd!
• Dozens of vendor tables filled our Exhibit Hallwith
lots of great vegan food products (and free samples!), plus bodycare,
jewelry, clothing, accessories and other wonderfaul products, plus many
• Our Chef Demo Stage featured Barefoot Essence blog's Jacqueline Fisch as well as raw foods author Jennifer Cornbleet, the amazing team of Jo Kaucher and Kat Barry from The Chicago Diner, gluten-free vegan baker Sandi Swiss from SS Sweets and Munch café, nutrition coach Julie Marie from The Protective Diet and Native Foods Cafe's master chef Kendall Huff.
• Our Presenter Stage drew great crowds to see and hear Mikael Nielsen from Mercy For Animals, the Plant-Based Dietician - Julieanna Hever, Woodstock Animal Sanctuary's Jenny Brown, author and sustainability expert Dr. Richard Oppenlander and author and fitness expert Ellen Jaffe Jones.
• Our Panel Discussion Room featured a Fitness and Nutrition Workshop for Athletes with Ellen Jaffe Jones;
Communicating the Vegan Message with Erin Red of Red Radio, Kristin Dejeunesse from Will Travel for Vegan Food, and Chicago VeganMania's own Marla Rose; Vegan Nutrition with nutrition experts Julieanna Hever, Eric Sharer, Carolyn Tampe and Jessica Sciappa; Crafting a Personal Style with Ethics with Trisha Star of Starship Salon, Jack Nugent from Ethically Engineered, and style guru Ashlee Piper; and What's Wrong with Local/Organic/Humane Animal Products? with our speakers Dr. Richard Oppenlander and Jenny Brown together with Robert Grillo of Free From Harm.
• Another fun new feature was our Ask a Vegan Expert
table where attendees got one-on-one advice when they would Ask the Vegan Gardening Experts, Ask the Vegan Animal Rights Experts, Ask the Vegan Parenting Experts, Ask the Vegan Cooking Experts, Ask the Vegan Baking Experts, Ask the Vegan Fitness and Nutrition Experts and Ask the Vegan Lifestyle Experts .
• The Culture Café Stage showcased a number of great musicians and singer-songwriters including Donna Herula and
Tony Nardiello, Daniel Redwood, Zach, Shelley Miller, Robinlee Garber and Bryan Harrell.
• There were many other great features,
including a lively and activity-packed Kids’ Zone, a The Book Publishing Company Bookstore, the the Graffiti Wall and more. Under the warm
leadership of the amazing Gill Gillono, the Green Team successfully recovered more than 85% of the event's waste.
The whole affair was generously sponsored by Platinum sponsors Vegan Street, Gold Sponsors Chicago Vegan Foods, Native Foods and Mercy For Animals, Silver Sponsors: The Book Publishing Company, The Chicago Diner and , Bronze Sponsors: Bot Bakery, Chicago Veg, Upton's Breakroom and Wedrose Acres Animal Sanctuary, and Media Sponsors: Natural Awakenings Magazine.
© 2014, Chicago VeganMania
About Chicago VeganMania
All About This Year's Event
Culture Café Entertainment
Food Court and Exhibitors
Become a Volunteer!
Past Events 2013 2012 2011
Like Us On Facebook
Us On Twitter
Review Us On Yelp